🩸 Join us in giving back: blood drive at the Salute to Service event
Inova Blood Donor Services will host a special blood drive in conjunction with the Salute to Service event, a military community careers event. As part of Inova’s commitment to providing meaningful employment opportunities, we invite you to participate in the blood drive on Monday, February 19.
Why Donate? Giving blood is a powerful way to make a positive impact on our local community. By participating, you contribute to saving lives and making a difference.
Let’s come together, serve our community, and make a positive impact. Your generosity can save lives!
or call 1(866) 256-6372, use code 8633
All donors will receive the “Love is in my blood” shirt as their donor appreciation gift.
Offer for Inova Team Members: Current Inova Team Members are also invited to join us on February 19 to donate blood. As a token of our appreciation, you will receive a $15 meal voucher for your contribution.
See you at the Inova Conference Center on February 19th!
To meet the basic requirements for donating blood, you must be in good health and:
- Have a pulse and blood pressure within acceptable limits.
- Have a normal temperature.
- Meet the minimum age requirement, 17 (16 with parent consent)
- Have an acceptable blood hemoglobin level.
- Be free of infections that can be transmitted through blood transfusion, or risk factors closely associated with exposure to such infections.
There are several potential reasons that may cause you to be temporarily or permanently deferred from donating blood. These include but are not limited to:
- Not feeling well on the day of donation.
- A history of nonprescription injection drug use.
- Getting tattooed in the last three months (unless done under sterile conditions and at a state-licensed facility).
- Having certain medical conditions or receiving certain medical treatments or medications.
- A history of residence or travel to areas endemic for certain transfusion transmitted infections. for example, travelling to an area where malaria is endemic.
Donor deferral rules with respect to past European residence (previously linked to variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease) were removed. As a result, some donors who were previously ineligible to donate may now be eligible.
Contact: John Ronan
Photo ID Required. Masking is optional for all donors. Allow one hour for your donation. *While supplies last. Colors may vary. You must complete the screening process to receive the giveaway.