We are excited to offer PreciseType™ HEA Molecular BeadChip Test
Inova Blood Donor Services is pleased to offer the new FDA approved HEA Molecular BeadChip test to all of our patients to determine RBC genotype/phenotype.
Immucor’s BioArray Precise Type HEA is the first and only FDA cleared assay for the molecular determination of donor and patient RBC Phenotypes and Genotypes. The PreciseType HEA BeadChip Kit is an in vitro diagnostic test intended for the molecular determination of allelic variants that predict erythrocyte antigen phenotypes in the Rh, Kell, Duffy; Kidd; MNS; Lutheran; Dombrock; Landsteiner-Wiener; Diego; Colton and Scianna blood group systems in human genomic DNA. The test also detects the HgbS mutation in the beta globin gene.
Fast Facts about HEA BeadChip Molecular Testing
PreciseType™ HEA test results can be applied to a number of clinical situations and may enhance patient care in certain situations. HEA BeadChip testing is recommended in various clinical diagnoses like:
- Chronically transfused/recently transfused
- Hemoglobinopathies/Sickle Cell Anemia
- Alloimmunization despite high level match
- Difficult transfusion caused due to multiple antibodies
- Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia
- Multiple Myeloma or anti CD 38 Therapy patients
- High Risk Pregnancies which require molecular testing to determine red cell phenotype of both parents
- Immune deficient disorders who require chronic transfusion support
- As a part of Personalized Medicine
- To troubleshoot difficult antibody workups due Warm Autoimmune Hemolytic anemia, Cold antibody, difficulty identifying red cell antigen due to rare anti-sera and others
Ready to find out more?
Contact us today!