We appreciate all that our donors and Team Members do for our patients and our community. Our purpose is to keep our donors safe and healthy to ensure a safe, pure, potent, and adequate blood supply for our community.
- Inova Health System and Inova Blood Donor Services masking policies remain in effect. All visitors, patients, team members, and blood donors within an Inova facility or Inova-sponsored Blood Drive must continue to wear masks. Per the CDC’s guidance for Healthcare Infection Control After Vaccination, all visitors in a healthcare facility or care site must continue to wear a mask, regardless of their vaccination status.
- As a reminder, you may only donate blood if you are feeling healthy and well on the day of your donation
- If you have traveled outside of the United States, you must wait 14 days before donating.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 and are symptomatic, you must wait 10 days after your last symptom before donating.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 and are asymptomatic, you must wait 10 days from your positive test.
If you have received a COVID-19 vaccine made by Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, or AstraZeneca you are still eligible to give blood with no deferral period.
At this time, if you have received any other COVID-19 vaccine, this will be considered an investigational vaccine and will require a 14 day deferral for blood donation.
Ready to schedule your lifesaving appointment? Click Here!