Skip to content
Facts About Blood Donation
- Over 200 units of blood and blood components are required daily to support the diverse communities we serve.
- 38% of the United States population is eligible to donate blood but less than 10% actually do.
- Every two seconds someone in the United States needs blood.
- There is no substitute for human blood.
- Blood used for transfusions in hospitals only comes from generous volunteer blood donors.
- If all blood donors donated just one more time per year, blood shortages would be rare.